PTI & Answers4Families Webinar, Recruiting and Retaining Parent Representatives on Planning Region Teams (PRTs)
December 15, 2015
This workshop discusses the importance of having Parent representatives on local Planning Region teams. Some of the topics include:
- Why have Parent Representatives/why is it part of the law?
- How can Parent Representatives participate in the work of the PRT
- What supports would Parent Representatives need in order to participate
- What is the climate of the PRT?
- Strategies for recruiting
- Strategies for retaining
Assessment tools will be provided as well in order for PRTs to look at their current practices. Our speaker this week is Connie Shockley, Early Childhood Specialist and Parent Support Coordinator.
This Webinar will be offered at 12:30 p.m. and again at 8:30 p.m., CST
Please register at:
http://pti-nebraska.org and click on the Webinars tab