Talking Special Needs
PTI Nebraska’s new podcast
On the Talking Special Needs podcast, we discuss early intervention, special education, healthcare needs, and other issues parents of children with disabilities might encounter.
Please click on the LISTEN NOW button to view a list of our podcasts. From there you can either listen to the podcasts or subscribe through your favorite podcast app* to receive notifications when new episodes are added. We would also love to hear from you with your feedback and suggestions on new topics!
*Find us on your favorite podcast apps such as Apple Podcasts, Google, Podcasts, and Spotify.
Episode 4 – What is Early Intervention?
In this episode we will talk about early intervention in Nebraska, the Early Development Network program and why early intervention is important for infants and toddlers with disabilities and health care needs.
What is a podcast?
Podcasts are digital audio programs and can resemble a radio show or audio books. They can be over any topic and can range in length from a few minutes to a few hours. Most podcasts have a theme and have episodes like a television show. It can run by season (like during the school year) or by year (from January to December).
How can I listen to a podcast?
There are several ways to listen to a podcast.
- Smartphone. Almost all smartphones have an app that will connect you to the podcast directories. Through the podcast app you can find many different podcasts.
- iPhone – generally the built-in app is Apple Podcast. Alternatives: Overcast, Pocketcasts and Spotify
- Android – generally the built-in app is Google Podcast. Alternatives: Spotify, Pocketcasts and Castbox.
- Apps – most computers will allow you to download the apps mentioned above for the phones onto your laptop
- Website. Depending on the podcast you are interested in, check to see if there is a website for it. This is available if you do not have a smartphone, if you don’t have the minutes to listen/download onto your phone or if you just prefer to listen to podcasts from your laptop.
- You can listen to and find new episodes here. Simply pull up the website and scroll through the episodes and click on the one you are interested in listening to. Transcripts are also available for each podcast on this website.